Welcome to Quintin Medical Centre, 85 Battle Road Medical Centre and Punnetts Town Medical Centre
Livi Video Consultations
Patients of Quintin Medical Centre, 85 Battle Road Medical Centre and Punnetts Town Medical Centre can now see an NHS GP by video using LIVI.
Get medical advice, prescriptions and referrals on the same day – even at weekends.
LIVI offers appointments between 7am - 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 4pm on weekends.
- GP appointments from home, work, or on the go
- Get medical advice, referrals and prescriptions
- Free NHS service in eligible areas
You can download the LIVI app to your mobile phone or table, at the App Store or Google Play. or visit www.livi.co.uk for more information.
As this is not a service by our practice, if you have any questions or need any support you can contact them directly on 0330 808 2074.
** Walk with a Doc**
Calling all Patients!
Walk with a Doc is a walking program for everyone interested in taking steps for a healthier lifestyle. You’ll learn about a current health topic from a healthcare provider, then spend the rest of the time enjoying a healthy walk and fun conversation. It’s a great way to get out, get active, and enjoy all the benefits that come from walking. Walk your own pace and distance. For more information please see the attached link: http://www.sdhc.org.uk/walkwithadoc/
Coronavirus Surgery Update
MPORTANT - COVID-19 AND OUR CONTINUED EFFORTS IN KEEPING OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF SAFE DURING THE PANDEMIC (November 2020)
The practice is required to take all appropriate measures to protect patients and staff to ensure we can continue to deliver health care services to all patients safely.
With this in mind and social distancing measures remaining in place with a requirement to restrict the number of patients in our buildings, please read the following important surgery information:
- Access to our Surgeries remains strictly for pre-booked appointments only.
- The Online Service for booking appointments remains suspended at this time because of Coronavirus as we need to continue to safely triage patients with presenting symptoms. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Therefore, if you require medical attention please ring the surgery and a member of our Reception Team will, where appropriate, arrange TELEPHONE TRIAGE with one of our clinicians in the first instance. If the clinician, then offers you a face-to-face appointment at the Surgery; before you attend please pay careful attention to and adhere to the following;
- We request that you please wear a face mask, or any type of face covering that covers the nose and mouth, when in the surgery building. We are unable to provide masks as these are in short supply.
- Please do not wear gloves as we have alcohol gel hand sanitiser for you to use.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment as we are required to restrict the number of patients in the building.
- Please do not bring family or friends to appointments unless the patient is a child or you need assistance from another person.
If you develop a new continuous cough, a fever or a loss of taste and smell DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY. Please ring the surgery and cancel your appointment. For the latest information on Coronavirus please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
In addition, to reduce footfall through the Surgery, please do not come in just to request your repeat prescriptions or to drop off your samples. Please use our letterbox. Samples need to be clearly labelled with your name and date of birth. Please also ensure the lid is firmly sealed. You can also order your repeat medication through your local pharmacy, order online or email us directly at email@example.com. All prescriptions will need to go via the electronic prescription service. If you are not already set up for this, please contact the reception team to nominate your chosen pharmacy. We will not be holding your prescription at the Surgery for collection.
We ask that you kindly adhere to all the guidance above and we thank you for your continued understanding at this difficult time.
Please note that we are unable to supply exemption letters for the wearing of face masks.
Please see the following link
*** Important information regarding images sent by email: please note that any digital image submitted as part of an online consultation/prior to a consultation will be stored within your clinical notes ***
To receive future editions of the newsletter straight to your inbox sign up below.